OVERDRAFT COVERAGE OPTIONS:
OVERDRAFT PRIVILIGE AND OVERDRAFT PROTECTION
Life happens! Peoples Bank understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Coverage Options
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
1Call us at , email us at , or come by a branch to sign up or apply for these services.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds
to your checking account from another account you may have at Peoples Bank for a fee.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction.
Even if you have overdraft protection, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source
*If you choose Extended Coverage on your consumer account, ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Extended Overdraft Privilege coverage, it is not necessary to request it again. Business accounts automatically have Extended Coverage.
You can discontinue the Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by contacting us at (903) 783-3800 or sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Else You Should Know
• A link to another account is a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, Internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance.
• The $27.50 Paid NSF Fee is the same fee amount that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Paid NSF Fee or a NSF Returned Item Fee of $27.50. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount as a result of a fee.
• We will not charge a Paid NSF Fee if a consumer account is overdrawn by $10.00 or less. These exceptions do not apply to business accounts.
• We generally post items in the following order: 1) credits, 2) on us cashed items (low to high by dollar amount), 3) on us checks (check number order), 4) ATM and debit card transactions (low to high by dollar amount), 5) ACH debits (low to high by dollar amount, 6) phone and online banking transfers (low to high by dollar amount), 7) checks and similar items (check number order); however, exceptions will occur. Holds on funds (described below) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Paid NSF Fees or NSF Returned Item Fees assessed.
• Although under payment system rules, Peoples Bank may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, Peoples Bank will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
• Giving us your consent on your consumer account to pay every day debit card and ATM overdrafts may result in you incurring Paid NSF Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing a Paid NSF Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available funds that could result in restriction of your debit card.
• Peoples Bank authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. The available balance is comprised of the ledger balance (collected funds) less any debit card holds, and does not include any deposited funds on hold. Peoples Bank may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. If the funds in the available balance are not sufficient to cover a transaction, any available overdraft protection and/or the amount of the Overdraft Privilege limit, may be used to authorize and pay a transaction
• Peoples Bank will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, a Paid NSF Fee may be assessed.
• Except as described in this letter, Peoples Bank will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Overdraft Privilege limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
• We may restrict your debit card use if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available funds in your account, including any Overdraft Privilege limit.
• An Overdraft Privilege limit of $100 is available for eligible Personal and Business Checking accounts at account opening.
• Overdraft Privilege limits of up to $500 are available for eligible Personal Checking accounts opened at least 30 days in good standing and up to $1,000 for eligible Business Checking accounts opened at least 60 days in good standing.
• Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
• Overdraft Privilege may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within 32 days for a minimum of one business day.
• Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Overdraft Privilege, please call us at (903) 783-3800 or visit a branch.
If you would like to select extended coverage for future transactions click the link below: